Brion Stephens from Warren Central jumped 6-11 last night to win the Greenfield Central Regional.
The IHSAA Boys Regional ran up against an unexpected foe last night- the weather.
Several of the sites encountered inclement weather that caused delays or postponements. The Lafayette Jefferson Regional has been postponed until Saturday at 5 p.m. while several other sites experienced delays during the evening.
Here is a quick rundown of some of the performances.
Greenfield Central Regional
- Center Grove out-classed the field with 137 points to easily win
- Reese Kilbarger-Stumpff - Columbus North - set the tone for distance with two wins and two top Regional times by winnig the 1600m in 4:09.82 and the 800m in 1:53.71
- Matthew Newell - Columbus North - was a close runner-up with a 1:53.96 second in the 800m to give North a current 1-2 punch heading into the state finals
- Brion Stephens - Warren Central - looked back in championship form setting the standard from last night with a 6-11 victory in the high jump
- Tucker Smith - Columbus North - won the shot put easily in 67-11.00 to currently lead the state in that event
- Alex Evans - Franklin Central - threw a huge discus toss with a 172-06 to win and set the best distance last night
- The 4x400m Relay was outstanding here last night with the top two performances coming from this Regional- Warren Central won in 3:21.10 and Center Grove closely followed with a 3:21.71 for second- in the state and current qualifiers
- Carroll collected 99 points to easily capture the Regional title
- Lance Pratt of FW Concordia ran the state's fastest 200m last night with a 21.70 to win
Evansville Central Regional
- Floyd Central ran away from the field with 97 points to easily win the team title
- Abe Eckman - Jasper - set the state's fastest 3200m time last night with a 9:02.68
- Spenser Wolf - Forest Park - has the second fastest time in the 3200 in the same race with a 9:11.42
- LaPorte edged Merrillville by 1.5 points for the team title - 80.5 - 79
- Kameron Gethers - Lake Central turned in the fastest 100m time in the state last night at 10.71 and doubled back in 21.76 to win the 200m also
- Lake Central ran the fastest boys 4x100m relay with a 42.11
- Piere Hill - Portage - won the long jump in 23-10.25 to set the best mark last night heading into the State Finals
- Cody Johnston - Hobart - vaulted 16-07 to lead the state in that event after 7 of 8 Regionals were completed
- Penn easily outdistanced the field with 97.5 points to take the team title
- Dominic Lincoln - Manchester - won the 300m hurdles in a fine time of 39.03 to currently lead all Regional performances
Lawrence Central Regional
- Lawrence North slid past Mt. Vernon (Fortville) by 3.5 point to the title - 73-69.5
- Nickens Lemba - Southport - won the 400m with a fast 47.79 to lead regional performances last night
Bloomington North Regional
- Bloomington North scored a large 117 points to secure the team title
- The state's top two 110m Hurdle times came from Bloomington North last night.
- Jacob Ottersbach - Charlestown - ran 14.48 to win the event
- Maliek Bush - Jeffersonville - was a very close second in 14.55 to rank #2 last night