With the ever changing situation with COVID-19, the Indiana DOE made the decision just last week to keep students out of the buildings for the remainder of the school year, with education continuing through virtual instruction. This also sparked the IHSAA to make the decision to cancel all spring sports, thus ending the chance for hundreds of seniors across the state from having that one last chance out on the track to shine.
This has been heartbreaking to nearly every senior across the country, and while we can't change the situation, we want to try and still give you those moments that every high school athlete looks forward to. One of those big moments being senior night. That last home meet in front of friends and family, getting to show off one more time before the conference meets, county meets and then the state tournament begins.
While we can't host an in-person senior night, we want to host a virtual one for all of you.
Here's how you can participate:
- Send in a video submission of what you would want to say to your teammates/coaches/parents etc. This can include talking about your favorite memories, thanking your coaches/teammates/parents, really anything you want to say just keep it appropriate!
- Keep the video 2 minutes or less, there's a lot of seniors!
- Start the video off with your name, high school, track and field events
- End the video with what your plans are for next year. Including where you're going to college, expected major, or if you are opting out of college for now what your plans are
- Once you're done, email you video to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "Senior Night - your name"
Please submit by April 25th, as we want to get this posted for everyone to see by the first week of May.