Jay White, center, is the IATCCC President, Head Girls CC Coach at Portage, and a long time IHSAA Official. Photo from Portage.Life
The IATCCC Yearly Clinic is Fast Approaching
The Indiana Association of Track and Cross Country Coaches annual clinic is fast approaching. The event, one of the main missions of the Association, is scheduled for February 3-5 at the Sheraton Indianapolis Hotel at Keystone Crossing.
The yearly event will be offered both in-person and virtually to accommodate the needs of the Indiana's coaches.
The lineup is stacked again this year to provide a great education for coaches of all levels and all events. Here is a brief highlight of 2022 speakers:
- Tony Hollars - Feed the Cats
- John Oliver - Purdue Distance
- Angelina Ramos - Ball State University - Distance
- Colin Altevogt - Carmel Boys XC / Distance
- Paul Brueske - South Alabama Throws
- Ernie Clark - San Jose State University - Hurdles
- Vince Anderson - Tennessee and Texas AM Former Coach - Sprints
- Rick Weinheimer - Former Columbus North Head Coach - Key Note Address
- Many, many more speakers over three days
- The event will also recognize the Coaches' of the Year from the last track and cross country seasons.
- The IHSAA's Brian Lewis will provide an in-person Rules Interpretation Meeting - a requirement for Indiana Head Coaches
- Thursday Night Coaches Social
- Annual IATCCC Meeting
IATCCC President and Portage Girls Cross Country Coach, Jay White, wants to invite every coach in Indiana, whether in their 40th or 1st year of coaching, to attend.
"We are excited to kick off the 2022 season with our annual IATCCC clinic which will be back in person this year. We will also offer virtual a choice for those that can't attend in person."
"We have a lot of great speakers lined up for this year's clinic. Our clinic committee has been working hard the last few months to put together a great clinic for out members. Keep safe and healthy!"
Joining the IATCCC is also the way in which you can ensure your athletes are recognized for awards like Academic All-State, having your voice heard for rule changes and future presentations to the IHSAA, and coaches education- so signing up for the clinic and joining the IATCCC should be a must-do for Indiana coaches.